How to use Kegel Balls (step by step guide)
How to use Kegel balls. So you’ve bought or ordered your first set of Kegel balls and you are eager to try them out. Secret Corner will talk you through the process step by step and have you on your way to tighter, more toned fanny muscles in not time! Should you be reading this article and be unsure of what kegel balls to use please check out our article on choosing your kegel balls https://www.secretcorner.co.za/sex-ed/how-to-choose-the-perfect-kegel-balls/
INSERTING AND USING YOUR KEGEL BALLS
Let’s start with what you are going to need:
- Kegel Balls
- Toy cleaner
- Bed or flat comfy surface to lay down
Before you start you will want to make sure you wash your hands and use a good toy cleaner to wash your new Kegel balls, and make sure to rinse well to avoid introducing any bugs or harsh chemicals that can harm your vagina.
Once you have washed and rinsed you are ready to start.
Take some water based lubricant and apply a little to the Kegel balls, not too much as you are only using it to help make it more comfortable to insert them. Next you will want to lay down on the bed, flat on your back with your legs bent.
Carefully insert the Kegel balls one at a time, making sure to keep the string on the outside of you vaginal opening. Only push them in as far as is comfortable.
For your very first attempt, we recommend staying on the bed a few minutes, focusing on where you feel the balls and then trying to squeeze with those muscles, try not to tighten your ab muscles or butt muscles, try pulling the muscles upwards towards your chest.
(You can also feel the same muscles working if you go to the toilet and try to stop peeing mid-stream, that will give you a good idea of what it would feel like when clenching the correct muscles.)
Once you have an idea of what you need to do, you can practice on the bed for a few mins, by doing short contractions – about 5 seconds- and then relaxing for the same amount of time. Once you’ve done this for about 5 minutes you can slowly get up and go about your day.
If you feel they start slipping out you can just gently ease them back in and carry on. But if they hurt you in any way or are causing you too much discomfort, remove them carefully but as soon as possible.
Below is an article that will provide you with the medical facts relating to kegel balls.
REMOVING YOUR KEGEL BALLS
When you are ready to remove your Kegel balls, it’s quick and easy.
- Lay down on the bed or you can stand in a slight squatting position.
- apply a little bit of lubrication to the opening of your vagina.
- Gently pull on the string or tab easing them out carefully.
When they re out, make sure to was them with a good toy cleaner and some warm water, ensuring to rinse well and let them air dry in a safe place. once dry store them in a case or pouch until next time. It is important to clean your balls before and after each use to avoid bacteria growing and causing you harm.
- Do not start with Kegel balls that are too heavy, start with a light weight double ball and progress up to heavier single balls over time, as you gain strength and control.
- Do not wear your Kegel balls for more than 6 hours – to avoid straining your muscles.
- Depending on the material your Kegel balls are made of you might need to shorten that time even more.
- Always wash your hands and balls before and after use.
- As you get stronger you can upgrade to heavier balls or you can buy set with varied weights and sizes and just follow their recommendations.
- You can wear your Kegel balls while doing targeted pelvic floor exercises for even better results.
- If you are worried about your health or still struggle with urinary incontinence after using Kegel balls for a while, please go speak to your G.P.